* USDINR trading range for the day is 63.28-63.81.
* Rupee snapped two-day gains on selling by importers amid strong and on caution before India’s retail inflation figures for the month of December due later this week.
* The Indian government said it expects economic growth to slow down to 6.5 percent in the fiscal year ending in March from 7.1 percent a year earlier.
* The official pointed out that economic activity has been picking up over the last three quarters and can be expected to strengthen in the coming period.
* EURINR trading range for the day is 76.16-76.65.
* Euro dropped as the dollar inched higher as data showing slower U.S. jobs growth did little to dent expectations for further Fed’s interest rate increases this year.
* Speculators trading currency futures increased their net long positions in the euro to a record high of 127,868 contracts in the week ended Jan. 2.
*Eurozone inflation eased slightly as expected at the end of 2017 on slower growth in energy prices.
* GBPINR trading range for the day is 85.91-86.38.
* GBP traded in range with traders keen to see new developments on Brexit negotiations before taking new positions on the British currency.
* Numbers showed Britain’s economic productivity rose at its fastest rate in more than six years in the three months to Sept. 30.
* UK labor productivity increased at the fastest pace in more than six years in the third quarter, the Office for National Statistics said.
* JPYINR trading range for the day is 55.98-56.49.
* JPY traded in range as the dollar edged slightly higher after briefly dipping following a weaker-than-expected U.S. nonfarm payrolls report for December.
* The services sector in Japan continued to expand in December, although at a marginally slower rate, the latest survey from Nikkei revealed.
* The monetary base in Japan was up 11.2 percent on year in December, the Bank of Japan said – coming in at 474.126 billion yen.AFTER POST CONTENT
I AM LAST